Tuesday 12 August 2008

Operation Baby Baby

We have just got back from the Women's Hospital.

It always seems so empty there. There are no patients waiting to be seen at all, and the staff are all really friendly and have loads of time for you.
We saw Mr. Russell this time, who was really young and very nice.
He is taking us very seriously and wanted to know if our priority will be to regulate my periods, or to have a baby.

My partner answered for me, saying that he wanted a baby as his priority, which I was made up about! I wanted to give him a huge squeeze right there and then.
He knows I have a phobia of being an old mum! It's not that I am getting old as I am only 27, but my parents were 20 when they had me, and I just think that they are such a great age now as we are on fairly the same wave-length and can still go out and have a proper friendship together.
Most of my friends parents were 10 years older than mine when they had children and you can see the difference. Of course I am going to be more the age of my friends parents when I have kids, but I just dont want to be much older than that! In my eyes, knowing what I have always wanted, 27 is about 2 years older than I wanted.

Probably all women feel this, but I kept having a little niggling thought that I was dragging my partner into this and forcing him to think about it. But just that second when he answered the doctor's question, I realised that he wants this as much as I do.

So, now all the tests start properly.
I have to have 2 blood tests this month at various stages of my cycle. Then, in December, I have to go for this lovely procedure where they fill my tubes with dye and look to see if they are all open properly with no blockages or anything. Just lovely!!
I am already taking folic acid daily which the doctor commended.

I feel like a writing a book on this!

No comments: