Monday 4 August 2008

The Big Test

Oh my gosh, I missed my period.....

I feel weird. I am all syked up that I might be pregnant but am sure I just cant be.
I came off the pill 6 weeks ago, when I went for my first fertility appointment. In case you don't know, my previous hospital put me on the pill to 'regulate' me, despite knowing that I was not able to have children and was hoping to get fertility help. She assured me that it was the best thing to do.
So, when I went for my first appointment at the Women's Hospital in Liverpool, the first thing the new doctor did was to take me off the pill. Obviously, she couldn't do anything whilst I was on it.
It meant that it put me back weeks and weeks because I had a week left of my pack which I had to finish, and then the doctor said I needed 6 weeks to make sure that the pill was definitely out of my system.
Anyway, so now I don't know if I have missed my period because my hormones are a bit messed up because of my pill, or if it is because I am pregnant?
I have looked up 'early signs of pregnancy' on Google, and I don't know if, by reading that and hoping hoping hoping that I am pregnant, I have talked myself into some of the symptoms. Like having a metallic taste in my mouth, or is that because I haven't drank water for ages?
As well as not having my period, because of endometriosis, I usually bleed for 20 - 25 days of my cycle with only a 5 day break each month. This has stopped completely. There is no sign of bleeding at all.
But I don't feel sick at all, have no aversions to smell or taste or anything.
I bought a pregnancy test but I have never done one before and really wanted my first time to be positive.
And I guess I kind of don't want it to be negative because it is nice to think it is a possibility, and I want to hold on to that for as long as poss.
But at the same time, funnily enough, I am craving alcoholic drinks and for the last week and a half have had a drink every night. Well, half a shandy or a small spritzer.
And I know that most people's first sign of pregnancy is the dislike of alcohol.

Hmmm... shall I take the test or shall I hold on to this special feeling for as long as possible?

No comments: