Friday 8 August 2008

The finer details of a wedding!

We went to our wedding venue this week, to talk about the finer details.
Up until now I have been wondering, when is the stress meant to start. When we got engaged, everyone commented on how stressful it can be to get married (as well as to be married!) with all of the organisation and planning.
Well, despite being quite girly and quite creative, when it comes to things like this, I am very laid back. I think my mum would prefer me not to be so laid-back as she thinks I should definitely know exactly what I want, but I just can't really get excited about things like colours and flowers and things.

Then, this week, the stress hit!
Now I have to do seating plans and have to allocate the bedrooms in the hotel to my family. Hmmm...

Well, the hotel is beautiful and each bedroom is themed differently, so initially I just looked at each room and matched it up to each person, taking into consideration their inndividual tastes, and also how many people were sharing. Easy peasy!
However, then when I looked at where the rooms sat in comparison to each other, I realised we had a problem.

My parents are seperated and have new partners and don't speak to each other. My partner's parents are the same.
It just so happened I had put them all on the same floor and the same corridor as each other!
Then I also realised I had put my grans all on the third floor, in a hotel that has no lift!
So all of that had to be rearranged.

Don't even get me started on the seating plan - still to be tackled!

No comments: