Friday 8 August 2008

Blogging gets you everywhere

As a really keen writer, who would absolutely love to write professionally, I set up this blog as an outlet - a way to channel my creativity, a way to feel like I am actually talking to people from my lonely position on the sofa all day, and a way for me to exercise my tippy-tappy fingers!

And really that was all. I didn't think anyone would ever read it (and hoped not really as I have so much private stuff in here), least of all to show an interest in anything I have to say.

So imagine my surprise when I get a knock on the door this morning, and there, looking very dapper in his suit, notebook in hand, was a journalist from the Knutsford Guardian, wanting to do an interview about me and my partner! In some very clever, journalistic way, he had found my blog about moving from London to Knutsford and decided to do an article on it!

The picture I put up at the beginning of that particular post, was all he needed to find me (as Knutsford is quite small and everyone knows everyone!)

Well, there was me, in my absolute slob gear, no make up, hair tied up ridiculously as only you would if you were sure you weren't going to see anyone, with a big toe poking out of over-stretched pink socks, and there was Alvin, showing off as as he always do when someone new and interesting comes round! He never behaves like that when I am here on my own, but as soon as we sat down with the reporter, Alvin decides to do his sofa acrobatics, ending up sitting on my open laptop.

Anyway, it was lovely talking to this guy, and Knutsford, I think we did you proud! We said how much we loved it here and how settled we were since moving in.

I think the article will be in, in the next few weeks!

No comments: