Wednesday 7 January 2009

Resolutions!

Alex asked me what my resolutions were going to be this year....

I don't really believe in resolutions as, to be honest, in a non-arrogant way, I quite like me! I always make silly resolutions really.

Last year I think I resolved to make Alex want to marry me - he already did (little did I know) and had already bought the ring! And that same year, we got married.
I think I resolved to leave my job and have more quality time for myself - I did, and I am now unemployed so have lots of time for myself!!!

This year, I don't know.

I told Al that I would get a job, that I would pass my driving test and try and have a baby.

I was proud of them as I thought, apart from the last one, they are very attainable.

But he told me that they aren't real resolutions.

He told me, for instance, he resolves to be cleaner and tidier. I agree - he should be!

I can't make that same resolution really as my whole day revolves around cleaning and tidying.

I think I resolve to keep in touch with my brother in Wales a bit more and to also keep in touch with my friends a bit more. It's easy to lose touch with people that you don't see very often, but I endeavour not to.

I definitely resolve to be a bit more easy-going at home and not take Alex for granted as much. He does so so so much for me and I just don't feel like I give him enough appreciation.

I resolve to have more patience with the pooch and always remember that she is just a baby and it is up to us to make her into the adult dog that she will be.

And I resolve to spend more time with Alvin. He and I were proper best buds before Olive came along, but whilst she is a puppy and needs a lot of commitment and disciplining etc, Alvin doesn't get quite as much attention. That will change my little buddy, just give it time.

And I guess I resolve to just keep having a great time, a happy marriage and appreciating my wonderful family and friends.

No comments: