Friday 30 May 2008

Facebook break

I wonder why we're not allowed to use the internet at work?

Why are employers so untrusting of their staff?

I work in a creative environment (well, supposedly) and do need regular breaks. I just can't be creative all the time. It's not like I'm an accountant where I do the calculation and the answer is there. I have to create the answer. And in order for me to create an answer, my brain has to be motivated and awake and 'in the mood' the whole time. But you can't have this mentality all day everyday without regular breaks.

And I am not asking for a half-hour break. Just the opportunity to digress for 5 minutes whilst I quickly check my emails or have a look around Facebook or whatever. Then I can come back to my work, fresh again, and ready to go.

I see other people going for cigarette breaks for 5 minutes in every hour. Why is that allowed then?

No comments: